“He who does not travel does not know the value of men.”- Moorish proverb

Saturday 7 February 2009

Detour Sabah : Family Visit 06 (Part I)

Mount Kinabalu
Sabah

Well, my family was really thankful that I was transferred to Sabah. Not because they want to kick-me-out from the house (I do hope not!), but this is their chance to visit Sabah with all expenses being paid. Duh - but somehow I liked the idea.


From left : Me and my mum by the Timpohon Gate platform; Ija and my dad possed infront the camera.

For the first time, my parents just need to prepare cost for airlines. Others including accommodation, land-transportation, foods and other cost will be bear by me. Well - I'm the host right now. So, after discussing with some of my friends here on where to bring them - I decided to bring them to Kundasang and Tunku Abdul Rahman Park later.


Chalets availabe to be rent in Kinabalu Park. Quite interesting as they're build based on English cottage. There's chalet for 2 and 4 person, and some are big enough for 8-10 peoples + kitchenette.

To tell you truth, this is my first time to one of the World Heritage Site in Malaysia - the Kinabalu Park. Driving there not that easy, with bumpy ride ascending Kundasang with my old-purple Kelisa PGA 8746. Here, in Kundasang it's really one stop that many things can be done. If you planned well, you can even climb-up Mountain Kinabalu - the highest point in Borneo and Malaysia. Others like Kundasang Fresh Market, Kundasang War Memorial, Kinabalu Park, Poring Hot Spring Nature Reserve and others.


From left : Nice weather but it quite freezing at night; Kundasang Fresh Market where you can bargain fresh vegetables that locally produced.


From left : Poring Hot Nature Reserve had multiple attraction to offer such as canopy walkway, butterfly farm, waterfalls, caves and of course - hot springs!; one of the bridge in Poring - just showed that how energeticus at the beginning.

Clean and refreshing river of Poring

1 comment:

christyzee said...

very beautiful travel photos

“All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784); English essayist, lexicographer, biographer and poet.