“He who does not travel does not know the value of men.”- Moorish proverb

Friday 2 January 2009

Th 13 - Ananda Samakhom

Ananda Samakhom Throne Hall
พระที่นั่งอนันตสมาคม

Since I only have several hours left before my departure - I need to move fast to the next location. It situated within Dusit Palace in the Dusit area. I've took tuk-tuk here that cost me THB40 from the Grand Palace.

I didn't enter the throne as time not permitted. The now-throne-become-museum was constructed by King Rama V. It built in Italian Renaissance and Neoclassical style of architecture. The exterior is decorated with marble from Carrara, Italy. It is a two storey marble construction approximately 49.50 meters wide, 112.50 meters long and 47.50 meters high with a large center dome surrounded by six smaller domes. It was completed in 1915.

No comments:

“All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784); English essayist, lexicographer, biographer and poet.