“He who does not travel does not know the value of men.”- Moorish proverb

Thursday 8 January 2009

My 2 - Pearl of the Orient

"For truth is precious and divine, too rich a pearl for carnal swine. "
Samuel Butler

Since I haven't been to a holiday with my family quite some time, we decided to go to Penang last December. This is my second time in Penang which the first one more than 10 years ago. I quite excited since the city also has been recognized as one of the World Heritage Sites; designated in 2008.


From left : Waiting turn to abort ferry; WRN 1446 - Nissan Grand Livina

We started our journey from the 14th Dec 2008, exactly 0400 hrs. It took us more than 6 hours to arrive in Georgetown including 2 pit-stops - one in Tapah R&R for Fajr prayer and the other one in Gunung Semanggol R&R for breakfast. Burrrrp - nasi lemak and currypuff (Yummy!)


We took ferry from the Pengkalan Sultan Abdul Halim (Butterworth) that cost us RM 7.70 to the Pengkalan Raja Tun Uda (Penang island). What a memorible ride - but I kindda not feel the excitement as during the first time when we're here. But nice view and calm sea breeze makes me feels that I wanna cruise around the world in future.


From left : A ferry passed by with Penang bridge at the background; Port Weld

By far - the most prominent building that you can see is the KOMTAR. It is not the highest building in Malaysia but it was when there is no Petronas Twin Tower (KLCC) during that time.

Next stop - Northam's All Suites Hotel. Excited but yet worry as I'm the one who make the reservation. Hope the room available.

My elder sister - Hanimasra; my niece - Hani Ayeesha and myself

No comments:

“All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784); English essayist, lexicographer, biographer and poet.