“He who does not travel does not know the value of men.”- Moorish proverb

Saturday 5 January 2008

Eg 1 - The Land of Pharaoh

I started my real journey in 2001 when I'm in 2nd year of medical student.
Not that I haven't been elsewhere before, but this is the 1st time I when out travelling without my family - bit of independant.
The 1st place I choose to g was Egypt - The Land of Prophet.
Why? 1st because I have freinds there studying - jimat sikit duit utk penginapan hehehehehe!
2nd; my travel companion : Abdullah Husam has brother there.

So, we decided to go to Egypt.
Well the preperation is not much, we just bought cheap airticket during the Matta fair and walla! we're on our way to Cairo.
We're going there with one couple - actually a grandparent of one student there, using Singapore Airlines.

After a quick transit in Changi International Airport - we're 8252 kilometers towards Cairo, more that 11 hours journey with transit in Abu Dhabi International Airport.



After a long journey, finally we arrived in Cairo International Airport with temperature almost as low as 150C - freeeeeeeeezing - baru 1st timekan!

Alhamdulillah - when we arrived lucky we've been told not to take any of those potter - kena bayar brapa genih tah (local name for Egyptian Pound).

Outside Sanusi (my friend) await for us with Hidir to pick us up with two taxis.

Upon arrival at their house, we decide to take a nap before plan for the next journey.

I think better I stop here for now as my family and I want to balik kampung! in Seremban. To be continued

No comments:

“All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784); English essayist, lexicographer, biographer and poet.