“He who does not travel does not know the value of men.”- Moorish proverb

Thursday 13 November 2008

Kh 3 - Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport

In front the International Airport -
noted at the background the 'Balaha',
a horse that was one of the incarnation Lokesvara when
he rescued merchants from the ogresses on an island off Sri Lanka


Swah-ghOOm or welcome in the Khmer language.
I've arrived at the Siem Reap International Airport around 1230 hrs local time.

Gosh, what a ride - nothing happen actually.
Since I'm to full before boarding the plane, I didn't take my lunch on the flight. Lucky MAS provide the lunch box - and you have your own choice whether to eat it on board or bring it back with you.


From left : Malaysia Airlines, Siem Reap International Airport main terminal building

At the immigration checkup I feel lucky being Malaysian as we no need to queue applying on-arrival visa. Just a quick immigration bypass and straight away I went to the luggage claim area.


From left : Arrival bay, one of the Buddha image at the airport

Outside my friend - Dara Rann waiting for me with his white Toyota Camry. Straightaway we go to my hotel - the Angkor Voyage Villa which situated a few minutes from the city itself. So convenient that location nearby to all restaurants, Old Market and the famous Pub Street.

So after some discussion regarding my Siem Reap's programe; we decided to go to the floating village at the Tonle Sap lake and Phnom Bakheng - to see sunset.

No comments:

“All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784); English essayist, lexicographer, biographer and poet.