“He who does not travel does not know the value of men.”- Moorish proverb

Friday 26 December 2008

Kh 28 - Phnom Penh International Airport

After 4 days in Siem Reap, its time to move to Bangkok. I've planned to go to Phnom Penh via bus and departed to Bangkok using flight. There's land road that connecting Siem Reap till Bangkok through Poipet but since it's much easier to book a flight using Thai Air Asia and I've heard a lot of scam at the border - I won't risk my time. If I got plenty of it, I'll try the route.


From left : the bus that I travel in the Kampuchea / Angkor Express - they provide you some refreshment; kampong scene on the way through Siem Reap - Phnom Penh expressway.

It cost me USD 8 to travel to Phnom Peng using Kampuchea / Angkor Express that departed as early as 7.30 am. You can book it from your guesthouse without any extra charges! Good service. The ride took us about 5 hours with one stop. Initially my plan to visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and the National Museum in Phnom Penh; but since my flight is around 1655 and we need to check in 2 hours before the departing time of international flight - I have to cancel it .


From left : from the bus station I rode tuktuk till the international airport; road in Phnom Penh - busier than Siem Reap.

Phnom Penh International Airport is not as busy as KLIA, Suvarnabhumi or Changi. But it have all the need facilities. Do remember to keep some of your dollar (USD 25 precisely) as there are International Departure Tax charge upon you. This tax will not included in your airfare and it is said to be used for Cambodia development.


From left : Phnom Penh International Airport; the departure terminal.

The ride took me 1 hour and 10 minutes from Phnom Penh. But since it has delayed for nearly an hour, I only reached Suvarnabhumi International Airport nearly 1900! Sucks. Lucky the immigration process at the airport quite fast and I no need to wait long for my luggage.

So - Mai Pen Rai Bangkok!


From left : for Muslim - do not worry as Musolla available for us to perform our prayer in the airport - just situated near to the arrival gate; check-in counter - a bit lousy as you can't check-in earlier.

No comments:

“All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784); English essayist, lexicographer, biographer and poet.